" A goal without a plan is just a wish . ."
- Larry Elder















Monday, March 23, 2009

j o u r n e y .

this was for a BIG test grade in english, some stuff might be wrong but its whatever. go with it;
click the pictures to make them bigger.


the top area = I
the bigger area = II
the top right= III
the bottom right = IV



I. How did I come to be the person I am?

To become the person I am, it took years with different kinds of peoples help. I go to people when I need advice or help with a conflict. They also assist me with my decisions in my life. The way I talk, is different from the family that lives in my household. I sort of have a little accent that comes out sometimes. It’s kind of like a “southern” accent at the end of the words. My parents say I get it from my grandma who lives in Chicago. My parents always discipline me when I do something wrong, so I wouldn’t do it again. Teaching me proper manners and how to present myself in public, is taught to me by my parents. My pets, Precious, Monee, and Coach, taught me how to become responsible. My cousins and sister help me realized that I can always count on them when I need something.

II. Who am I now?

Personally I don’t know how to describe myself. People tell me all the time that I am “different”. When I am ask them what do they mean, they just say “something special”. I’m happy most of the time, but there are sometimes when I don’t have a good mood. Who I hang out with is my choice. I don’t have a real brother, but I do have someone named Andrew that is the closest person to a brother I have. When I wasn’t allowed to be with my real sister, Lizbrey was the closest to a sister that have. I don’t have a “clique” but I have a fantastic four. Most of my friends don’t get all “connect” with my other friends like I connect with them, so sometimes it’s hard hanging out with all of them at one time. Team work was taught to me by playing sports such as basketball. Strength was taught to me with sports such as shot put and discus. Courage was taught to me by my parents putting me in kickboxing classes back in middle school. Some factors that may confuse my identity is my ethnic background. I’m half Filipino and half African American, and many people think I have to act like either one of them. I clearly think that I act the way I want to, and to think about how I’m supposed to act. It should just flow naturally.

III. What are my dreams?

When I grow up, I want to be a successful woman. One day having finishing collage at Johnson and Wales University. After I get settled down, have a wonderful wedding and start a family. I have goals on meeting president Obama one day. I don’t know how, but it is going to happen. For an occupation, I dream of holding a camera. Not a classic Samsung, but a nice Canon or Nikon. Seeing things threw a camera is something different then what you see with your eye. With myself and the chemistry I have with sports, I want to become a sports photographer. I want to be socially and musically connect with everything I do also. My dream is to also have world peace. World peace is something that doesn’t just come; it has to be worked on.

IV. What are some of the obstacles that try to prevent me from realizing my dreams?

An obstacle that can be something that effects my goal is that, “Money doesn’t grow on trees.”. You have to work for what you want and it just doesn’t come. Another obstacle is that sometimes racial problems keep you from doing something you want to do. Sometime a dream is a “dream”, and you need to check into reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment