" A goal without a plan is just a wish . ."
- Larry Elder















Monday, September 21, 2009

reese & aladdin .

i had to write a paper for english; its kinda long, but i think its worth the read.

___________________
Stated on dictionary.com, valuables are having qualities worthy of respect, admiration, or esteem. Growing up, I had two great valuables that just going away in my world. I had one since I was about two years old, and had the other when I turned nine. The month of April in 2007 was a year that I won’t forget. My family was acting different, and all of a sudden my pets started dying.

My guinea pig, Resse was a pet that everyone considered different. He was nosier then other guinea pigs, and also fatter. Sadly, people thought he was another dog. I did anything just to get Resse. I took around a toy guinea pig around with me, even to the stores. I also wrote a paper to my parents stating why I wanted a guinea pig. I was only nine, but it was worth the time. Well one day I came home from school, I ran in my room and was talking to Resse and he was squeaking back. At school that day people were talking about a new video that came out the night before. So I went on youtube.com and looked up “Lip Gloss” by Lil’ Mama. I started singing it, then I look to the right of my computer desk, and Resse was laying there, dead. I poked him and screamed to make sure. I ran downstairs crying my eyes out. All of a sudden I couldn’t breathe and I had to calm down. I never saw anything like that just die in front of me. That night my dad dug up a hole in the backyard, and we had a small funeral. Sadly, my dog couldn’t even walk outside. April 19th,2007 was just the start of my heart breaking.

For about a month now, my dog Aladdin seemed like he was getting sick. He wouldn’t want to go to the bathroom or even eat. Aladdin was part of my family since I was two, a bright golden retriever puppy back then. He now looked old and grey. He was at the age of twelve, I thought he was young, but in dog years it was considered old. On the day of April 26th, 2007 is a day I cannot forget. My dad and the rest of the family were really worried. We all took him to the pet vet. My dad carried him inside, imagine how heavy he was. We checked him in for emergency. The doctor gave him a check up, and told us some bad news. He had a certain cancer in his stomach and was bleeding internally. She told us it was best for us to put him down, then to let him suffer. He was the family’s best friend, and he had a great past with everyone. He saved my life when a dog was about to attack me when I was younger. My dad had to step out the room because he didn’t want to see him go, while my mom and I stayed in the room with my loving dog. I was holding Aladdin in my arms. The doctor was pulling out the needles, and I just started crying harder. She warned us that we might see a little movement when she puts the IV into him. We said our last goodbyes, and I told him I loved him over and over. The tears fell like it was first nature like breathing. His tail flapped up, and I my heart dropped. The Vet pronounced his death at 6:05 PM. Our family had Aladdin cremated, and his ashes are in a beautiful white jar in our living room that states “In loving memory of a faithful friend”, and I think this is correct statement.

Now that I look at what happen in my past, it made me accept that death is part of life. A person cannot control what happens unexpectedly to anything. A grieving process and to talk about what happened can help someone feel better, but still to this day I am still sensitive about talking about my pets. I sometimes have my random moments when I break down because I either heard “Lip Gloss” or seen a Golden Retriever pass by. I also reminisce about the good times I had with Resse and Aladdin. I sometimes still picture Resse’s cage in my room, and Aladdin lying in the laundry room where my new Chihuahuas sleep at night. I have new pets, but none of them can replace what was there before. These two pets taught me how to love, and they are considered the valuables in my heart. Even if they are not with me now, I know they are in my heart for a life time.
___________________
i was sorta tearing up when i was
writing it. . a personal narrative.

loveeMEIKA =]

No comments:

Post a Comment